DPI West distributes more than 17,000 items to one of the Nation’s largest population centers; an area that includes Arizona, New Mexico, Western Texas, Nevada, Southern California and Northern California. Our focus is on specialty products with unique handling requirements. We are the largest full-service perishable bakery distributor in the Western United States as well as the largest specialty frozen goods distributor in the West. We are also the leader in the Asian, Natural, Kosher and Hispanic food sectors. Our investments in warehousing and delivery have helped us earn a reputation for providing consistent, reliable service for distribution. Our fill rate is one of the industry’s highest and our frequency of delivery is greater than any other perishable distributor in our region. Our cafeteria approach to pricing allows our customers the flexibility to choose the products and services they need. It is our goal to fill orders correctly the first time and to exceed our customers’ expectations.
We offer a depth of experience in all key areas including sales, service, purchasing and operations.
Our strengths include:
- Marketing: Our category managers and account executives develop powerful marketing initiatives in conjunction with top manufacturers, brokers, and retailers in our area. We currently offer a telemarketing option which permits our customers to be contacted directly by a friendly associate who can take orders from a user-friendly menu, which includes details of the customer’s last order, special promotions, etc.
- Sales: We cover the market with a greater frequency than any other perishable distributor in our area. With approximately 435 sales and merchandising people in the stores on a weekly basis, our account executives have regular access to both chain and independent retailers’ buyers and decision-makers.
- Warehousing: We have the largest freezer and cooler of any distributor in the Southwest. Our operations team has years of experience managing some of the region’s leading warehousing operations.
- Distribution: Our large fleet and our large geographical coverage enable us to cover one of the largest population centers in the country with a delivery frequency unequaled in perishable distribution. We are capable of delivering frozen, refrigerated, and dry groceries on one truck.
- Technology: We can accommodate virtually any business-to-business computer automation conceivable, from electronic order processing to billing and reconciliation.